Tuesday, January 5, 2010

a call for Your stories.

If you find this blog and you have been through a similar situation with child protection services, we would like to know. This kind of FAMILY ABUSE cannot be tolerated. We need to make people aware of the dangers you could be putting your family in simply by arranging a playdate for your child.
My daughter is a very sociable child. She loves to meet new people. She actually considers it to be "her job." To have to tell her that she can only have playdates or sleepovers with people we consider to be "family" is not going to be easy for her to understand. But anyone who is familiar with these types of situations cautions the same thing: DON"T ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN;
DON"T EVEN TAKE THE CHANCE. You cannot afford it.
Now that the holiday season is over and the dead of a very cold winter is upon us, I hope to have more time to devote to this blog. If we can warn even a few people families to protect themselves, it will be worth it. I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

  1. My story started after I filed for divorce. My new boyfriend, who is my husband now, was at my house. Next thing I know, I have cps calling us to meet them at the police station. They said that my youngest daughter(2 at the time) said he touched her. Her discription of what happened did not match what happened that day, but we could not get cps to hear that. Her discription of where it happened was impossible. That day it was 100 outside and my boyfriend was outside all afternoon cooking out with my brother. She said she hid in a closet, but the closet was gated and filled with boxes. Then the story changed to she hid under the bed. It was a toddler bed, and also had boxes under it. But my X was so evil, that now I know, he had been hitting her until she got the story right and then pulled cps in on it. Our ordeal went on for 9 months and 9 cps reports filed by my X. We offered to do lie detector tests or what ever we had to to clear him. They would not work with us. They insisted that he was guilty and no 2 year old could keep a story straight for that long. My X and I had shared temporary custody so he had her every other week and abused her when he had her. It went so far that they started paperwork to have him put on the child abuse registry nationwide. There was no doubt in my mind that he was innocent. I was left with supervised visitation and my boyfriend could have no contact with me when the girls were with me.(I had 2 daughters, 2 and 3 at the time). There were never any charges brought up. He had no way to fight this. It was destroying him as a man and a person, one day at a time. Finally, one day, the cps worker was talking to my daughter, luckily at my X's house and luckily had a taperecorder going, she climbed up on her lap and looked at her and said, he never hurt me, my daddy made me say it. CPS being what it is, called and advised me of this. And that was it. They faced no consequences for their action, nor did he. You would think, after all the time they spent on the cases, they would have pressed charges on him for child abuse. Instead, we went to court for custody, and he got custody. Our nightmare is still going on. My daughters are now 13 and 15. They are still with him. Still being abused. Trust me, the courts are no better than CPS. There is so much more to my story. I just hate to relive it. I am now married to that man, he loves my daughters very much and they think he walks on water. They still remember. Little at a time over the years. And I do the best I can to explain it. I kept all the record for them when they are old enough. I hope by sharing, someone can gain from my nightmare as well. I always thought that we had to have went that hell for a reason. Maybe to help someone else in my situation.

    ReplyDelete